Resurgence Readers' Weekend and Summer Camp
Thu 26 Jul at 15:00 until Sun 29 Jul 2012 at 15:00
The Resurgence Summer Camp brings together Resurgence readers, speakers and supporters for four days of stimulating discussion, music, dance, crafts and walks. The camp is a small, friendly gathering with a maximum of 140 people.
The event is hosted by Green and Away - Europe’s only tented conference centre situated on an idyllic site near Malvern, Worcestershire.
Satish Kumar, Editor-in-Chief, Resurgence
Peter Reason, author
Nicola Peel, talk on practical solutions around the world
Poetry and performance
- Helen Moore and Niall McDevitt: a poetic journey
- Martin Powell: poetry
- Geoff Mead: Coming Home to Story
- Jon Every, plant identification and wildflower walks
- Open Space Session, facilitated by Tricia Lustig
- Wild Law UK, the rights of Nature
- June Mitchell, traditional bamboo sticks movement, based on traditional Chi Gong form
- Will Tooby and Jane Cox, Indian Raga and Natural Voice workshop
- Teena Gould, Tai Chi Movement for Wellbeing
- Geoff Mead and Chris Seeley, storytelling for sustainability
- Ombiviolum Orkestra: a fusion of African and Western music
- Lara and Nikhil: enchanting vocals, with sitar, tabla and didgeridoo
The Resurgence Summer Camp is an opportunity to engage with Resurgence readers and help raise money for The Resurgence Trust, an educational charity dedicated to raising awareness of the key ecological and spiritual issues of our time.