CARING CAT-LOVER required for houseshare in Hertfordshire. Light, bright, clean and peaceful environment. Woman (early 50s) and 2 felines. Rent £600pcm+bills. E:firstname.lastname@example.org
PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE: at Landmatters Community, Devon. 15-30th August. Lead tutor: Aranya. Investment £680 (includes camping, food and materials). Contact: email@example.com or 07833 938536
SEED FESTIVAL: Planting big ideas Fri 17-Sun 19 July at Hawkwood, Stroud. www.seedfestival.co.uk Charles Eisenstein launching Centre for Future Thinking, Jonathon Porritt, Scilla Elworthy, Satish Kumar, Natalie Bennett. Music, talks, art, fun, nature, economics, workshops. Many other Hawkwood events all year round. www.hawkwoodcollege.co.uk
THE PLACE OF ARTS AND CRAFTS IN EVERYDAY LIFE: 10 June 2015 - 19:00 to 20:30 at The Prince's School of Traditional Arts, 19-22 Charlotte Road, London. The Prince's School of Traditional Arts is delighted to welcome Satish Kumar as part of our lecture series this year. Satish is the current editor of Resurgence Magazine in addition to his lifelong work as an activist for peace and environmental preservation. On the topic of his lecture he writes, "In ancient times, in traditional societies, people were makers. They used their hands to transform ordinary clay into beautiful pots, wood into furniture and many other materials into objects of beauty and function. More or less everybody, knowingly or unknowingly, used their imagination and creativity. This was true in tribal societies as well as cultures such as those of India and China. Now we have become mere consumers and the consequence of this is frustration, meaninglessness and anxiety. Perhaps the time has come when we should return to our natural state of being makers again." This lecture is made possible by our new partnership with the Bagri Foundation, who are generously supporting the expansion of the Asian arts component of the Open Programme. Satish Kumar will also be part of a panel discussion organised by the Bagri Foundation entitled India and the Environment: Past, Present, Future. This programme will take place at Asia House, London, 6:30-8:00pm, Thursday 11 June. For further information and to purchase tickets please visit http://www.psta.org.uk/openprogramme/251/
GAIA GROUPS are Resurgence readers’ opportunity to meet together in local groups; sharing meditation, ideas, an eco-friendly way of life, and seasonal food. If there isn't a group near you - why not start one? People are encouraged to share responsibility and rotate houses to meet in, as this makes a more democratic community, so being the founder doesn't mean you have to take on all the work. for more information on local groups across UK contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0845 458 4718
SELF CATERING RETREATS retreats for July, August at Crenham Mill, North Devon in a glorious valley leading to the sea. Home of the late John Moat, writer, artist and creator over many years of the Resurgence column, 'Didymus'. Perfect peace in beautiful surroundings. To view the brochure http://johnmoat.co.uk/crenham_mill.pdf
GREECE: Findhorn community-inspired summer holistic holidays combine healing retreats and sustainability workshops with lush forest, gorgeous beaches and Greek vegetarian meals. Also, non-workshop living-in-community holiday weeks and a family fortnight for single or coupled parents with kids in Aug. Tel: 020 8816 8533 www.kalikalos.com Email: email@example.com.
ISLE OF MULL, SCOTLAND: Refresh yourself, body and soul, at Leob Croft on the wild and beautiful island of Mull. Watch sea eagles fly. Walk on golden sands. Three properties sleep 2 to 5. Prices from £290 per week. leobcroftholidays.weebly.com
WEST CORK: Vegetarian self-catering apartments for singles, couples and families in peaceful wooded surroundings. Free WiFi. Organic vegetables and vegan wholefoods available. Green Lodge, Tel: 00 353 2766146 cell 353 861955451.. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website homepage.eircom.net
SW FRANCE: Small detached cottage and a secluded oak cabin for rent. Perfect for those of you seeking peace and quiet in a truly beautiful, romantic spot. Ideal for walking, painting, writing...wonderful fauna and flora and sublime villages. Website: webb.wix.com/lamasse
LA PALOMA, ANDALUCIA: Beautiful hilltop casa rustica. Private, simple, unspoilt. Retreats/arts/holidays. www.lapaloma.co.uk 01239 682690 or 07947 017087
NORTH CORNWALL: Beautiful Grade 2 star listed property with organic allotment ideal for family gatherings sleeps 8-16. Ten minutes from the stunning North Cornish coastline. E-mail email@example.com
PEACEFUL, SELF-CATERING RETREAT: for two in rural Weald of Kent. Tel: 01580 240 308. www.thepottingshedholidaylet.com.
FOR ALL READERS who are considering a trip overseas, we would urge you to visit www.seat61.com to plan your journey by train.
RUGGED, BEAUTIFUL PEMBROKESHIRE - Two eco-friendly, recently converted barns on smallholding. Each sleeps 4. Coastal path 2 miles. Tel. 01348 891286. firstname.lastname@example.org www.stonescottages.co.uk
TOTNES (SOUTH DEVON): Self-catering double-bedroom riverside apartment. Situated on the edge of the magnificent Dartington estate. Short walk along the river path to Totnes mainline station and town centre. Perfect base for exploring by foot, canoe and bike. www.littleriverside.com Tel 01803 866257 Mobile 07875 727763.
CORTIJO ROMERO, SPAIN Year-round courses in yoga, pilates, writing, dance, singing, relationships, therapy. Mountains, pool, vegetarian food. For a brochure / info: 01494 765775 email@example.com / www.cortijo-romero.co.uk
'GROVE OF ELDERS' senior cohousing project: We are retired professionals, fit and healthy and deeply involved in greenissues, simple living and green spirituality. We are looking to meet like-minded over-fifties interested in creating a cohousing project designed for 'Third Age' eco-living, located somewhere in the south or south-west of England, preferably in a quiet, rural or semi-rural area with good access to a town. See: www.Grovecohousing.uk
COACHING WITH SPIRIT: Professional coaching for sustainable life and livelihood, from a spiritually intelligent perspective. www.sallylever.co.uk
SHITAKE MUSHROOM LOGS: Grow your own mushrooms on our Ready to Grow Logs, various species. DIY Log Kits, dried mushrooms also available. Unusual healthy presents! www.rusticmushrooms.co.uk Tel: 01825723065
Property for sale
DONEGAL, IRELAND: South-facing 5bed house, beautiful location, 25 acres including 11 acres woodland. Woodfired cooker heats house and water. Free drinking water. Broadband. Convertible outbuildings, barn, organic vegetable plot and orchard, polytunnel site. £209,000. Brochure: http://goo.gl/Hr9wfq Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER STAFF: required for holistic holiday Centre in Greece. Meals and accomodation offered for 2-12 weeks work exchange. Community experience, vegetarian cookery, concensus decision making, healing, Greek language or organic gardening would be assets. Also 1-29 May, work camp for those with building or maintenance skills or wishing to be part of the support team. Free time every day for the beach! Tel: 020 8816 8533 Email: email@example.com. Website: www.kalikalos.com
EDUCATION/SENIOR EDUCATION OFFICER: Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation (KFBGC) is a registered non-profit making organization based in Hong Kong, dedicated to harmonizing our relationship with the environment (www.kfbg.org). We are looking for a candidate to fill the following position: EDUCATION OFFICER or SENIOR EDUCATION OFFICER. To be responsible for the design, management and delivery of education programmes in support of the KFBG mission.
- To design, manage and conduct a range of holistic, experiential education programmes to enhance self-awareness and connection to nature, in support of sustainable living, for people of various ages and backgrounds;
- To help integrate holistic education elements into KFBG's other education programmes;
- To develop marketing strategy to promote education programmes to public and organizations;
- To monitor the execution and evaluation of the above projects and activities to good effect;
- To establish and maintain a network of relevant experts, community groups, schools and other organizations;
- To lead a small team of staff and/or volunteers; (for Senior Education Officer only)
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head of the Education Department.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Command of English, Cantonese and/or Putonghua an advantage;
- A degree or Masters degree in a relevant educational field;
- For Senior Education Officer at least five years of solid working experience in Experiential Nature Education, Holistic Education or Transformational Education programmes preferred.
- For Education Officer two years of solid experience will be required.
- For Senior Education Officer at least five years of good and solid track experience at supervisory level in education project management, promotion and marketing will be required. For Education Officer two years of relevant working experience will be required.
- Proven skills in facilitation, design and implementation of workshops or retreats;
- Experience in a meditation practice would be an advantage;
- Self-motivated, dynamic and a good team player;
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a positive, inspirational way;
- Passion for nature;
- Have an understanding of Chinese culture;
- Physically fit for mild outdoor group activities;
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths;
- Able to work residentially occasionally, including weekends and public holidays;
- Valid Type I or II driving license is preferred.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V., with expected salary, and a short essay on 'How can we help people to connect to their own hearts and nature?' to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.