THE NORTH DEVON GREEN PARTY'S fourth series of Autumn Lectures concludes with a blockbuster, with respected author and barrister Polly Higgins talking about 'Ecocide', in her talk entitled 'Law, Love and Leadership'. In the chair is Franny Armstrong, Director of 'Age of Stupid'. At the Castle Centre, Barnstaple (EX31 1DR) from 7:00pm on Thursday 13 Nov 2014. Entrance and Refreshments - free.
URBAN PILGRIM: November 29th - 30th, Pewsey, Wiltshire - Gatekeeper Trust Annual Conference. Join us in exploring what it means to be an urban pilgrim and how pilgrimage can renew our connection with our sacred landscape. Weekend £65.00, One day only £35.00. More details, speakers and themes and to book: www.gatekeeper.org.uk. or call 03001237723, (local call rate number).
GAIA GROUPS are Resurgence readers’ opportunity to meet together in local groups; sharing meditation, ideas, an eco-friendly way of life, and seasonal food. If there isn't a group near you - why not start one? People are encouraged to share responsibility and rotate houses to meet in, as this makes a more democratic community, so being the founder doesn't mean you have to take on all the work. for more information on local groups across UK contact email@example.com or tel: 0845 458 4718
GREENSPIRIT ANNUAL GATHERING 7th - 9th November 2014, Somerset. Speaker - Glennie Kindred. www.greenspirit.org.uk/ag2014 or Joan tel: 02392599299
RETREAT/SABBATICAL GREECE: Villas for 3-month rentals, £450 a month, in beautiful, unspoilt Peloponnese. www.gargarou.com
FOR ALL READERS who are considering a trip overseas, we would urge you to visit www.seat61.com to plan your journey by train.
RUGGED, BEAUTIFUL PEMBROKESHIRE - Two eco-friendly, recently converted barns on smallholding. Each sleeps 4. Coastal path 2 miles. Tel. 01348 891286. firstname.lastname@example.org www.stonescottages.co.uk
TOTNES (SOUTH DEVON): Self-catering double-bedroom riverside apartment. Situated on the edge of the magnificent Dartington estate. Short walk along the river path to Totnes mainline station and town centre. Perfect base for exploring by foot, canoe and bike. www.littleriverside.com Tel 01803 866257 Mobile 07875 727763.
CORTIJO ROMERO, SPAIN Year-round courses in yoga, pilates, writing, dance, singing, relationships, therapy. Mountains, pool, vegetarian food. For a brochure / info: 01494 765775 email@example.com / www.cortijo-romero.co.uk
INSIGHTFUL INVESTOR SOUGHT: for microbudget feature documentary exploring modern British culture/counterculture. Write to Box 287/1, Ford House, Hartland, Bideford, Devon EX39 6EE
COACHING WITH SPIRIT: Professional coaching for sustainable life and livelihood, from a spiritually intelligent perspective. www.sallylever.co.uk
SHITAKE MUSHROOM LOGS: Grow your own mushrooms on our Ready to Grow Logs, various species. DIY Log Kits, dried mushrooms also available. Unusual healthy presents! www.rusticmushrooms.co.uk Tel: 01825723065
Property for sale
UPPER CEFN-Y-PWLL: Montgomery, SY15 6JN - £370,000. A detached house with about 3 acres of grounds and fine views over surrounding countryside. Set up be an almost completely self-sufficient eco-friendly smallholding, with 6kw wind turbine and a 4kw PV panel array, extensive organic fruit and vegetable gardens and wildflower meadow grazing land. EPC - D. McCartneys Estate Agents - 01938 531006
BURGUNDY DREAM: Traditional Burgundy farmhouse converted by present owners, with 4 acres of land. Main accommodation (2 bedrooms) plus a self-contained flat on 1st floor. A second flat could easily be adapted from 2 additional bedrooms. Ornamental garden, orchard, soft fruit area, apiary and potager. Land and accommodation for raising pigs, sheep, etc. £290,000. Details and photos from firstname.lastname@example.org
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation (KFBGC) is a registered non-profit making organization based in Hong Kong, dedicated to harmonizing our relationship with the environment (www.kfbg.org). We are looking for candidates to fill the following position:
EDUCATION OFFICER (Based in Hong Kong)
- To be responsible for the design, management and delivery of education programmes in support of the KFBG mission
- To design, manage and conduct a range of holistic, experiential education programmes, school talks and outdoor camps to enhance self-awareness and connection to nature, in support of sustainable living, for people of various ages and backgrounds
- To help integrate holistic education elements into KFBG's other education programmes
- To establish and maintain a network of relevant experts, community groups, schools and other organizations
- To lead a small team of volunteers
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC
- A degree in a relevant educational field
- At least 2 years of working experience in Experiential Nature Education, Holistic Education or Transformational Education programmes preferred
- Excellent command of English and Cantonese, Mandarin is preferred and computer literacy
- Proven skills in facilitation, design and implementation of workshops or camps
- Experience in a meditation practice would be an advantage
- Self-motivated, dynamic and a good team player
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a positive, inspirational way
- Passion for nature
- Have an understanding of Chinese culture
- Physically fit for mild outdoor group activities
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths
- Ability to market and organize programmes to the public and organizations
- Able to work residentially occasionally, including weekends and public holidays
- Valid Type I or II driving license is preferred
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V., with expected salary, and a short essay on 'How can we help people to connect to their own hearts and nature?' to the Human Resources Department, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to email@example.com.