Be the Change
Climate change is a grave crisis facing the world, but it is also an opportunity for us all to rise to the challenge and unite to work together.
Here is a 12-point plan to focus attention on positive things we can do
- Seek genuinely renewable local and sustainable energy solutions.
- Commit to low-carbon lifestyles and energy efficiency.
- Lobby for a full re-evaluation of carbon trading and carbon offsetting.
- Recognise that oil is near to peak production and plan with this in mind.
- Demand moratoria on agro-fuel plantations and genetically engineered trees, foods and farming.
- Press for full protection of all natural forests and biodiverse-rich marine and terrestrial areas.
- Revise the Kyoto Protocol.
- Regenerate biodiverse, resilient and vibrant local economies and food systems.
- Reduce excessive global trade and consumption.
- Reject the disposable consumer culture.
- Support a diversity of sustainable approaches by communities, networks and movements.
These actions taken together lead to:
- Integration of biodiversity and sustainable livelihoods into all climate strategies: a solution for one should be a solution for all.